Troy Giles, D. C. 565 West 2600 South, Bountiful, UT 84010
(801) 298-4646 www.familywellnesscenter.info
Leaky Gut Syndrome
Leaky Gut Syndrome is a condition that affects many people in the world today. In an effective digestive system, nutrients are allowed to pass through the gut into the blood stream. This would be similar to a sieve allowing water to pass through and keeping the spaghetti in it. The gut allows only small digested particles to pass, and keeps all the unusable food inside the small and large intestine to be expelled as feces.
When a gut becomes “leaky” the size of the holes in the sieve become too large and the spaghetti is able to pass through. This means that substances are getting into the blood that shouldn’t be there, causing many symptoms to appear such as food allergies, fibromyalgia, swelling in the joints, water retention, chronic fatigue syndrome, and many others.
Leaky Gut Healthy Gut
We are able to heal Leaky Gut Syndrome by working with a five step program:
1) Remove layers of infection such as parasites, fungus, and bacteria.
2) Support the intestinal tissue to help it repair.
3) Replace friendly bacteria in the digestive tract.
4) Support digestion with digestive enzymes.
5) Improve the diet to include more fruits and vegetables.
Leaky Gut Syndrome is one of the most important conditions to treat when searching for true health. Depending on how intense the condition is, treatment may take anywhere from several months up to a year of therapy. Health will improve overall, and many of the symptoms patients have will diminish.